The only elementary Learning Experience Platform that supports joyful and inclusive instruction.
Seesaw keeps everyone in the learning loop
Supplement Your Core Curriculum and Beyond
- Scope and Sequence
- Lesson Plans
- Standards Alignment
- Answer Keys
- Printable Handouts
- Instructional Resources
- Practice Activities
Assessments and Insights
- Assess reading fluency
- Identify misconceptions by watching students solve a math problem
- Record all steps of a science experiment in a performance assessment
- Capture evidence of learning
- Measure student growth over time
- Determine next steps for differentiated learning
Location: Remote, US
Trusted and loved by 25 million educators, students, and families worldwide, Seesaw is the only elementary learning experience platform, offering a suite of award-winning tools, resources, and curriculum for teachers to deliver joyful, inclusive instruction. Through interactive lessons, digital portfolios, and two-way communication features, Seesaw keeps everyone in the learning loop by providing continuous visibility into the student’s learning experience to support and celebrate their learning.
Seesaw’s mission is to provide every elementary student with joyful and connected learning experiences that lay the foundation for success in life.
You will be joining Seesaw as a QA Engineer and become a quality domain expert in one or more of our product areas such as Messaging, school/district dashboard, content library, digital student portfolio, and creative learning tools. As a quality champion, you will develop and execute test strategies for new product launches, contribute to our robust automated test suite, and deliver regression-free weekly releases. You will be partnering with engineers, designers, and product managers to define product quality and shape the testing culture of the team. There will also be plenty of opportunities to collaborate cross functionally with QAs from other product areas.
Seesaw is seeking a detail oriented and collaborative individual to join our team as a QA Engineer. Your role will be crucial to delivering a high quality product for educators, students, and families. An excellent candidate understands the intricacies of our customers’ use cases and translates them into effective test plans, takes pride in delivering the highest quality work, and advocates for the best experience on behalf of our users. You are able to strike a balance between manual and automated testing; leveraging automation for the most critical flows to reduce regressions and exercising the creativity in manual exploratory testing. As the complexity of Seesaw’s product continues to grow, you’ll use your expert knowledge of testing to foster best QA practices, and continually improve the quality and efficacy of our releases.
- Drive all testing activities for small and large scale features from inception to launch. This entails developing and executing test plans across mobile and web platforms in a timely manner; organizing testing sessions; and coordinating the testing schedule with the team.
- Work cross-functionally with other QAs to identify testing dependencies and ensure appropriate test coverage on overlapping areas.
- Create, execute, and maintain our suite of end to end Cypress tests. Partner with engineers to consistently increase our automated testing coverage.
- Investigate and escalate customer-reported and product bugs. Debug the root cause of issues through researching and asking insightful/critical questions.
- Become the subject matter expert on product areas you’ve tested and be a resource for other teammates for testing questions.
- 3+ years of manual testing experience across multiple platforms such as web and mobile (iOS & Android).
- Proficiency in one or more common test automation frameworks such as Cypress, Playwright, or Selenium.
- Direct experience in developing, executing test plans and test cases for applications with multiple-user roles; replicating and reporting bugs for complex features; and testing different parts of the app.
- Strong analytical skills and problem-solving skills, with a curiosity to self-seek answers and investigate tricky product bugs.
- Strong product quality sense with a focus on user experience
- Proactively identify potential issues and share creative solutions
- Innovative and analytical approach to solving complex problems
Compensation & Benefits:
Our salary ranges are based on paying competitively for our size and industry. Salary is just one part of our total compensation package that includes equity, perks & benefits, and development opportunities at Seesaw. Individual pay decisions are based on several factors, including qualifications for the role, experience level, skillset, geography, and balancing internal equity relative to other Seesawers. It is our expectation that the majority of candidates who are offered roles at Seesaw will land well within our salary ranges based on these factors.
The annual base salary range for this position is $95,000 – $110,000. This is an exempt position.
Benefits include: Medical/Dental + Orthodontics/Vision Coverage, 401k Match, Flexible Paid Time Off, Mindfulness First Fridays, Monthly Technology Stipend, Home Office Setup Stipend, Professional Development Stipend, Paid Parental Leave, Charitable Donation Matching, Volunteer Days.
Seesaw cares about building a diverse and inclusive team to better advocate for the needs of our incredibly diverse K-12 users.
We prioritize work-life balance and actually walk the walk — we care a lot about our work, but care more about our employee’s well-being. We encourage everyone to work at a sustainable pace and have a flexible vacation policy that people actually use.
Seesaw provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religious creed, color, sex, sex stereotype, gender, gender identity/gender expression/transgender, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information/characteristics, marital status/registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, or military or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Seesaw complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Seesaw is committed to protecting your personal data. Learn more about the personal information we collect, how we use it, and how to exercise your rights here: U.S. Privacy Notice.Our company participates in E-Verify.